Dr. Cédric Blanpain has invited Prof. Margaret A. Goodell, Vivian L. Smith Chair of Regenerative Medicine, from Center Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, US to give a seminar on Thursday 20th of April at 1PM. She will give a talk about
"Epigenetic Regulation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells".
The seminar will take a place at ULB - Campus Erasme - C Building - Auditoire B1.003.
The focus of the Prof. Margaret Goodell Lab is the basic mechanisms that regulate hematopoietic stem cells, and how their misregulation leads to leukemia development. Stem cells reside in the bone marrow in a quiescent state, but rapidly become activated to regenerate the hematopoietic system. We are studying several genes involved in different aspects of stem cell activation, including some that transduce initial signals, and others that regulate self-renewal and differentiation.
- DNMT3A and TET2 compete and cooperate to repress lineage-specific transcription factors in hematopoietic stem cells.  Zhang X, Su J, Jeong M, Ko M, Huang Y, Park HJ, Guzman A, Lei Y, Huang YH, Rao A, Li W, Goodell MA. Nat Genet. 2016 Sep;48(9):1014-23. doi: 10.1038/ng.3610. Epub 2016 Jul 18.
- DNMT3A Loss Drives Enhancer Hypomethylation in FLT3-ITD-Associated Leukemias.  Yang L, Rodriguez B, Mayle A, Park HJ, Lin X, Luo M, Jeong M, Curry CV, Kim SB, Ruau D, Zhang X, Zhou T, Zhou M, Rebel VI, Challen GA, Göttgens B, Lee JS, Rau R, Li W, Goodell MA.Cancer Cell. 2016 Jun 13;29(6):922-34. doi:10.1016/j.ccell.2016.05.003.
- Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b have overlapping and distinct functions in hematopoietic stem cells.  Challen GA, Sun D, Mayle A, Jeong M, Luo M, Rodriguez B, Mallaney C, Celik H, Yang L, Xia Z, Cullen S, Berg J, Zheng Y, Darlington GJ, Li W, Goodell MA.Cell Stem Cell. 2014 Sep 4;15(3):350-64. doi:10.1016/j.stem.2014.06.018. Epub 2014 Aug 14.
- mTORC1 controls the adaptive transition of quiescent stem cells from G0 to G (Alert).  Rodgers JT, King KY, Brett JO, Cromie MJ, Charville GW, Maguire KK, Brunson C, Mastey N, Liu L, Tsai CR, Goodell MA, Rando TA. Nature. 2014 Jun 19;510(7505):393-6. doi: 10.1038/nature13255. Epub 2014 May 25.
- Epigenomic profiling of young and aged HSCs reveals concerted changes during aging that reinforce self-renewal.  Sun D, Luo M, Jeong M, Rodriguez B, Xia Z, Hannah R, Wang H, Le T, Faull KF, Chen R, Gu H, Bock C, Meissner A, Göttgens B, Darlington GJ, Li W, Goodell MA. Cell Stem Cell. 2014 May 1;14(5):673-88. doi:10.1016/j.stem.2014.03.002.
- Large conserved domains of low DNA methylation maintained by Dnmt3a. Jeong M, Sun D, Luo M, Huang Y, Challen GA, Rodriguez B, Zhang X, Chavez L, Wang H, Hannah R, Kim SB, Yang L, Ko M, Chen R, Göttgens B, Lee JS, Gunaratne P, Godley LA, Darlington GJ, Rao A, Li W, Goodell MA. Nat Genet. 2014 Jan;46(1):17-23. doi: 10.1038/ng.2836. Epub 2013 Nov 24.
- Dnmt3a is essential for hematopoietic stem cell differentiation.  Challen GA, Sun D, Jeong M, Luo M, Jelinek J, Berg JS, Bock C, Vasanthakumar A, Gu H, Xi Y, Liang S, Lu Y, Darlington GJ, Meissner A, Issa JP, Godley LA, Li W, Goodell MA. Nat Genet. 2011 Dec 4;44(1):23-31. doi: 10.1038/ng.1009.